Wednesday, February 5, 2020

It's Single Digits Day!

I'm going to try and keep this post relatively short, as I don't have a whole lot to say.  First of all, I'm absolutely over the moon that it's our single digits day.  This means there are only 9 days standing between Bryan and I and our Disney vacation.  It's so hard to believe that we're at this point; we've been planning this trip since May (and by "we", I mostly mean "me").  For each of my park posts, I talked about what I'm looking forward to the most in each individual park, but now I'm going to talk about what I'm looking forward to the most as a whole.  There's not too much for me to say, as I've gone into much more detail in each of my individual park posts.

First and foremost, I'm super excited about all the food, especially in Magic Kingdom and Epcot.  To be honest, the food at Hollywood Studios hasn't really called to me, but I'm sure there will be delicious nonetheless.  Since I spoke about the Peter Pan float in the Magic Kingdom post, but I'm also looking forward to the spring rolls in Adventureland.  Most people opt for the cheeseburger ones, but since I don't like cheeseburgers, I'm super excited to try the pepperoni pizza ones, because I love both pepperoni and pizza.  I am a little bit disappointed they won't have the macaroni and cheese ones, but I did find a place that has bacon mac and cheese french fries, which sounds like nothing but carbs, but carbs are delicious and amazing.  Speaking of carbs, there are also french fries with cheese and pulled bbq pork in Animal Kingdom, and I definitely want to get some of those.

There are so many rides I'm looking forward to, and I talked about each park individually in the four posts I did (one for each park).  Disney has opened so many rides since the last time I've been there, and there are so many classics that I can't wait to visit again.

As a whole, however, despite the food and the rides, what I'm looking forward to the most is spending time with Bryan.  We've been on a few vacations together in the past, but nothing like this.  In the past, we've gone away for a long weekend or even as much as five days, but this trip will be ten whole days, including travel days on either end.  Our previous trips have always been incredibly laid back.  We know where we're going and maybe one or two activities that we want to do, but we don't really have any sort of game plan.  Instead, we just wing it and play it by ear each day.  When it comes to Disney World, however, you can't really do that.  You have to know what you're doing, make dining reservations 180 days in advance, get FastPasses either 60 or 30 days out, and go in with some sort of plan or attack.  This has been a huge shift for Bryan.  While I'm the type of person who likes a vacation full of activities and things to do, he's the type of person who likes a vacation where you relax.  This is going to be a huge shift for him, but I know we're going to make it work.  I know this may sound mushy, but the only thing I really care about is the fact that we're going to be together.  We always have fun together, and this trip is going to be no exception.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but next week is going to be my last Walt Disney Wednesday post before we leave for our trip!  I'm going to talk about what I'm packing, and what I plan on carrying in our park bag.

0 comments:

Post a Comment