Thursday, February 13, 2020

A Valentine's Day Tribute

I'm going to warn you now, this is going to be a very mushy, romantic post.  So, you've been warned now.  I know Valentine's Day isn't until tomorrow, but since my goal is to talk about our Disney vacation starting tomorrow (I can't believe we leave tomorrow evening!), I wanted to write this post today.

I am so lucky to have Bryan in my life.  I know everyone says that his or her significant other is the best, and I know that's true for them, and I'm no different.  Bryan is the most amazing man in the world, and every single day I'm grateful to have him in my life.  We met a little over two and a half years ago, but it doesn't feel like that long at all.  We met online, and I actually scrolled past his profile before going back.  I've told Bryan this many times, and that I'm forever grateful that I went back and clicked on his profile, because that's how we met. 

I know this sounds corny, but every day we're together has been an adventure.  Even if we're sitting around watching television (we binge watch a lot of shows together), I still know we're going to have a great time and will always end up laughing at something.

The Bryan that everyone sees is goofy, funny and laid back.  He always makes me smile, and it comes so natural to him.  He doesn't even need to talk to make me laugh, he makes silly faces at me all the time, and they always make me smile.  There's another side to Bryan, however, and that's a side I'm fortunate enough to see on a regular basis as well.  Bryan is one of the nicest guys I've ever met in my life.  When I'm feeling upset about something, he goes out of his way to cheer me up.  Sometimes that includes listening to me rant and rave, other times it simply involves holding me until I feel better.  No matter what, though, I know he'll always be there to help me and hold me up.  This has especially been true since my dad passed away.  Bryan was there at the hospital with us all night, even though he knew he had work the next morning (and a huge project to work on).  None of that mattered to him.  He knew I needed his support, and even though I kept offering for him to go home, he refused.  This was a side my family knew he had, but they hadn't really had the opportunity to see it, as he's usually his usual laid back, goofy self when he's around them.  I'm glad they were able to see this other side of him, just not under those circumstances.

The past two years have been a whirlwind of adventures, laughter and tears.  I wouldn't trade any of it for the world.  Tomorrow we leave for Disney World, which is something I know he's not nearly as excited about doing as I am, but he's been a wonderful sport, putting up with my excitement and constant planning.  It's definitely going to be an adventure, and I can't wait to go on it with him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment