Thursday, November 7, 2019

It's Double Digits Day!

I feel like football players after they've won the Super Bowl.  I'm going to Disney World!  Double digits day is the magical day when you are down to double digits for your countdown.  That's right, I'm 99 days away from leaving to go to the Happiest Place on Earth.

To be completely honest, I still can't believe I'm going.  I spent nearly a year begging Bryan, pleading with him, saying how much fun it would be for us to go to Disney World together (it'll be an adventure).  He always rolled his eyes and said no.  On Mother's Day this past year, however, we were at my aunt's, and my cousin kept talking about how much he loves going to Disney World.  After some prodding and showing Bryan that adults can go to Disney without children and still have fun, he very reluctantly agreed.  I couldn't believe it!  I knew I had to jump on this as soon as humanly possible or else he'd find a way to back out.  By the end of the day, we had dates picked and a travel agent selected (it helps that my friend's mom is a Disney travel agent).

This picture came from https://www.shopdisney.com/parks/walt-disney-world/

Unfortunately, even the best laid plans need to be changed up just a little.  I started at a new school, and my new principal was a little hesitant to give me an entire week off school in February to go on vacation.  I completely understood why, she didn't know me and my work ethic, so she feared this would be a week of lost instructional time with my students.  I met with her over the summer, and we came to a compromise.  She gave me four days off, and the fifth day is President's Day.  This meant bumping the trip back a week and one less day in Disney, but that was fine with us.  Now, we're leaving for Disney World after work on Valentine's Day.  I really wanted to spend Valentine's Day at the parks (it seemed so romantic to me) and was upset over the notion of spending the holiday in an airport.  Bryan pointed out that it doesn't matter where we are for Valentine's Day, as long as we're together.  It was so sweet and romantic, and, of course, he's right.  We're celebrating a day later with a nice sit down dinner, but I'll get more into food in another post.

So, we had our dates finalized, now it was time to pick a hotel.  I don't want to get too much into details about our hotel, as I have an entire post planned out to talk about that, but I will say that we are staying at Pop Century, and that wasn't my first choice for a hotel.  I'm a little bummed about that, but I also know that we'll spend so little time in our hotel room that it won't make too much of a difference.  I'm also just excited to stay on Disney property.  I've been to Disney World three other times, and I never stayed on property, so this is a huge treat for me.

This photo came from: https://www.dadsguidetowdw.com/pop-century.html

We have a completely booked schedule in Disney World.  People keep asking us if we're going to Harry Potter World, Universal Studios (I know, Harry Potter world is a part of Universal), etc., and the answer is no.  I want to spend time properly at Disney and not rush through anything.  If we're going to do this trip, I want to do it right.  I don't want to get too much into our itinerary yet, I'll have a separate post about that later, but I will say that we have two days at each park.  We might not need two whole days at each park, which is fine, but I wanted to play it on the safe side.  That way, we don't have to rush through the parks, and if we finish early, we can head back to the hotel for a nap, head to Disney Springs or explore some other hotels.  It seemed like the perfect solution to me.  We can also go back and ride some rides again if we want to.

As if planning an entire trip to Disney World wasn't stressful enough as it is (because it totally is), I've also been having weird dreams about Disney and not being prepared.  I've had two in the past two or so weeks, and I'm hoping this doesn't become a weekly thing, because that will get really old really quick.  In the first dream, I dreamt we got to Disney World, and I didn't make the t-shirts I'm planning on making for us to wear (don't worry, I'll go into more detail about that in a much later post).  This is a huge deal, because I'm working so hard to coordinate our t-shirts and make sure they're perfect for each day at the park.  In my second dream, I dreamt I didn't get us FastPasses for any ride.  This is equally upsetting, as it would mean that I really dropped the ball.  We would still be able to get on the rides, but it would take much longer as we would have to wait in the standby line.  If anything, both of these dreams have gotten me back into my Disney planning phase and encouraged me to stay on top of everything.

My goal is to have a Disney-related post most Wednesdays between now and when we leave in February (I'll switch off between "WIP Wednesday" and "Walt Disney Wednesday", but most Wednesdays will be for Disney related posts for the next few weeks).  Each time, I'll post something about my planning for the trip and how I'm using that to make sure we maximize our vacation and have the most amazing time.  So, if you're planning a trip to Disney World, make sure to keep coming back for more information.

0 comments:

Post a Comment